Followers

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Just Because with Ruby's Rainbow

Hi everyone.

There's a new challenge starting over at Ruby's Rainbow.

Our theme for this fortnight is 'Just Because'. 

We don't always need an occasion or a reason to make a card or a gift for someone, sometimes it's nice to do it just because we can. I've made a special gift for my best friend because I wanted her to know how much she means to me. Here's what I made...


The sentiments are by Lili of the Valley. I've used my favourite butterfly flourish, which I bought from Joanna Sheen, and a couple of Sue Wilson Poinsettia dies. The backing paper is by The Paper Shelter. Here's the other side...


The picture was taken at my wedding in 2006.  The backing is the same gold pearl paper I used to make the flowers on the front. I finished off with a small flower like the ones on the other side. Both sides have heart shaped doilies.

I really enjoyed creating this because I knew it would mean so much to my friend. I hope you'll join us for this challenge. Hope to see you there.

Hugs 
Helen xx

6 comments:

  1. this is so adorable!
    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done...what a thoughtful gift for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so stunning.What a lovely thought.I bet she loved it.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful l just love these hanging hearts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project. hugs, DT Sis Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the whole thing. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx