Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Happy 75th Birthday Dad

Hi everyone, I don't think much to the weather at the minute...where's the sun gone? It's making Lanzarote even more appealing...not long now, can't wait.

Anyway, it was my Dad's 75th Birthday last Sunday so I thought I'd share the card I made for him...
You can't beat Bugaboo when you need a sarcastic/funny card... I've coloured Gus using Copics, matching the shorts and balloons to the colour scheme of the backing papers. I've added some glossy accents to the glasses. I made the bunting the old fashioned way, ie scissors, finishing off with faux stitching. The fab sentiment is displayed on an Ornamental tags two die d-lite and has been inked with tea dye distressing ink. The 75 is displayed on a Medallion 7 die d-lite cut from the same paper as the bunting. I used the outer die on its own to cut a brown piece for backing. Here are a few close ups...


I would like to enter this for the following:-
Creative Craft Challenges - For the Fellas
Card Mania - Spots and/or stripes
Make it Monday
Crafting when we can - Punches and/or die cuts

Thanks for looking, I hope I'll see you again soon
Helen xx

9 comments:

  1. Love your card - especially the bunting - looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. did smile as I have this image and sentiment and have not really got my head around how to use it but love your ideas looks great and super colour choices
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card. Love everything about it.Thanks for joining with us at the Card Mania Challendges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Great design and very funy sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable funny birthday card. Love your papers and die cuts. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Craft Challenges in our "For The Fellas" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen....hope you are well. Love your card. Fabulous image and a great sentiment.
    Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card Helen. Just love how you have showcased the image. Great sentiment too. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute, love the banner, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting When We Can, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx