Followers

Sunday 16 September 2012

Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary

Hi everyone, it's finally time to share the project I've been working on for the last few weeks. It's a card for my bestest buddy (or should that be buddies??)...
The card is 8x8, the first I've made in this size. The image is LOTV, bought at the craft show at Doncaster Race course and it's coloured with Promarkers (I coloured it before I got my copics). I cut it out using a Spellbinder circle but leaving part of the image outside. This was then layered onto a scalloped circle of silver mirror board and lace was added to the back using extra sticky double sided tape. It's hard to see in this picture but the backing paper has faint silver roses on it. The fancy border on the mirror board was made using a Martha Stewart punch and the butterfly is Cheery Lynn. I've added a selection of flowers and pearls and glitter peeloffs from my stash. Here are some close ups...


 I've also decorated the inside of the card to match...
 I also decided to decorate a picture frame for them, to match the card. I've never done one of these before so I'm really pleased how it turned out...
 Lastly I made a tag to attach to the gift bag containing the pressie (a gorgeous silver coloured Charlie Bear).
And here's everything together...
I would like to enter this for the following:-
Lili' Little Fairies - Embellishment Bingo (Pearls, lace glitter)
The Paper Shelter - Punch it
Tuesday Alchemy - Peace love and happiness
Bearly Mine - anything goes

Thanks for visiting me and for the lovely comments you leave, they mean a lot and encourage me to keep crafting and trying to improve. Hope to see you all again soon.

Helen xx

 

11 comments:

  1. My you have worked hard and very worth while it was too, the card and gift are stunning. I,m sure they will love them. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, love the image!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    *hugs*
    Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Helen - we absolutely love everything. The card especially is stunning. Kiki bear you bought us is very special from very special friends xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful. I like the matching frame too. Perfect gift idea. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabby card - so beautiful.
    Perfect set
    Big hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! absolutely beautiful Helen!! a super gift! Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I had not seen the mirror board before...it is lovely! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck and be sure and enter your lovely work in our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning Helen, absolutely beautiful, loving your floral spray and that beautiful butterfly and wow your lace just a great card and gift set
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real treasure! Lovely card for a happy couple. Thanks for joining us in our Anything goes challenge over at BMC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweetie very beautiful card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a unique and interesting creation! Very beautiful :) It was just lovely to have you join us at Tuesday Alchemy - I hope to see you again for our newest challenge!

    Also, I welcome you to share with me at the ANYTHING GOES challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-1-anything-goes-spark-your.html

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always greatly appreciated xx